Blog > Post Time- 03:08 PM Post By - admin
Get Your Vehicle Winter Ready In 5 Easy Steps
When it comes to winter in the St. Louis area, it is smart to be prepared! Whether the temperatures stay mild or hit extreme lows, it is always a safe bet to get your vehicle winter ready.
Follow these simple tips to stay on top of anything Mother Nature has to throw our way this winter season.
- Get the right kind of oil change. Not all oil is created equal. If you are nearing the recommended oil change maintenance on your vehicle, be sure you are getting the right oil for cooler temperatures. Oil tends to thicken as it gets colder and if it is too thick, it won’t keep your engine running optimally.
- When’s the last time you replaced your windshield wiper blades? They usually work effectively for about one year, so be sure to invest in some new ones if you’re due. Here’s another important step to take before you find yourself struggling to see in a blinding storm: Fill up your windshield washer reservoir with windshield washer fluid. Also, check to see that your heater and defroster are working properly so you can keep the windshield nice and clear.
- It is a great time to give your battery a little extra TLC. This is an ideal time of year to make sure your battery’s posts and connections are corrosion-free and that your battery has all the water it needs. If your battery is more than 3 years old, we recommend that you check its ability to hold a charge.
- Belts & Hoses. Often overlooked, belts and hoses can wear and crack with time. Be sure to check that all hoses appear to be in good condition and they are secure. Cold weather can really do a number on belts and hoses and they may need a little extra attention this time of year!
- Tire pressure. In cold weather your tires will actually lose pressure. You can generally expect that you’ll lose 1 pound per square inch whenever the temperature drops by 10 degrees Fahrenheit. It is important to keep them inflated to the recommended PSI. Not only will you save on gas mileage, you will have a smoother ride and better traction in the snow.
Whether you are in need of minor collision repair services, bumper repair or vehicle paint, give us a call today to see how we can restore your vehicle to its original factory finish. Give us a call today at 636.386.8060, Monday through Friday between 9am-5pm, closed daily 12-1pm. You can also stop by our convenient location at 14643 Manchester Rd, Ballwin, MO 63011.